Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Stop Clutter from Coming into Your Life

Kim Wolinski, MSW
"Dr. DeClutter" www.drdeclutter.com

During the upcoming weeks you may be bombarded with pamphlets, flyers and whatever else comes handed to you at the doors of your grocery store (feed the poor); at work (give); at your place of worship or community (upcoming events) and more. Flyers. Pieces of colored paper promoting something important. Really?

Yes, well... some of these things ARE important and you may even want to be a part of them, donate or whatever. However, you don't have to take the flyer to do it. The plan here is to stop more unwanted, unsolicited pieces of paper from cluttering up your car, purse, briefcase, pockets and house.

I've learned that the easiest way for me to do this is to keep my hands in my pockets or behind my back. I "used to" be one of those people who just automatically accepted stuff that was put in front of me. The first couple of times I didn't accept those pieces of paper I felt odd, kind of wrong, like something was missing. I got over it!

It's okay not to accept pieces of paper, including business cards! It's okay to listen to the pitch. It's great to give and participate. Be selective. Do all accepting and giving from an open and loving heart, not begrudgingly or from duty.

Have a wonderful (less cluttered) holiday season!

Kim

(C)2006 Kim Wolinski, MSW "Dr. DeClutter"

Go to http://www.redecisionsinstitute.com/kims_store.html to find life changing books and tapes, and my new video on organizing, Burn Your House Down! Reduce stress every holiday, event and everyday with my content-packed ebook, Keep the Holidays Simple, Your guide to coping with holiday (and everyday) stress and Letting Go With All Your Might workbook.